Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowbound

We've been snowbound as of late, with sidewalks impassable and a little "hail Mary" required to make it into and out of the driveway each time we go somewhere. It's beautiful but also discouraging. It's hard to get excited about going out and actually doing anything at a time like this, but it is easy to dream. That is the wisdom of this time of year.

I dream of running and being more active once the sidewalks clear. I'm dreaming of our garden in the summer. I'm also dreaming of Sam being done with his last exam in the beginning of March. Sal dreams of having more train engines that go "all by herself". By this he means engines that go around his train tracks pulling loads while he can sit and watch. Sam dreams of baking with freshly ground flour from the new grain mill that is due to arrive at our house in a week.

I'm 29 weeks along now with the pregnancy. The picture was taken at 27 weeks. The other pictures show knitting in progress, Sal's new tendency to hide from the camera, and the one nice clear shot I got of him smiling recently.




1 comment:

  1. Janna, I just don't think your belly looks very big at all! You seem the same in all these pics! Is it just me?
    Also, does the couch have a new cover? I don't remember those flowers.

    ReplyDelete